A Forbes.com Site

Friday, August 11, 2006

Our new ads rock


Our new ads are so cool. These ones with the dorky PC guy and the cool Apple guy, I mean. And yes, if you're wondering, this was my idea. I did the storyboarding and scripts and even got involved in some of the costuming decisions. Like the dork guy's tweed coat. Genius! And the fact that he's kind of overweight and his khaki pants ride up a bit. The agency started out with this cool-looking corporate guy in a suit. I was like are you kidding? No, I said, get a fat dork, and put him in dork clothes. Like some fat PC-using dork, get it? Clarissa, the agency person, was all like, Oh, Steve, you know, you should have gone into advertising, you could have been one of the great ones. Which I guess is probably true, but who wants to work in advertising when you can change the world? For me these ads are just like something I do on my way to my real job, you know? I toss off an idea on a napkin and throw it on the ground and other people pick it up and make a fortune with it. Bill Gates, are you reading this?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think pc guy is kinda cute in his own way.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home