A Forbes.com Site

Friday, August 11, 2006

Options, oy vey

So it's in the papers today so I might as well explain. Sometime like way back in the past before iPods were even invented Apple gave me like 10 million options or whatever and they like back-dated them or something so that on the day they were granted I already had like a 30% gain or something. But I never sold them or something so I never made any money on them or whatever. This is what they are telling me. I really don't spend a minute thinking about things like options or how much money I have because I am all about the creativity. I can't stand these money-grubbing Silicon Valley types who are out here just trying to get rich. I told our people just do whatever, pay a fine or whatever but I don't want to spend a minute losing creativity worrying about this. I don't want to hear about it. I want to focus on making beautiful objects. I invented the friggin iPod, okay? Have you heard of it? I thought so. I told our finance guy, Peter, Do you want more such beautiful things in your life? Do you want your kids to grow up in a world of beautiful objects that do marvelous things? Then leave me the frig alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home